Look at your child and try to picture him or her in twenty-five years as a grown-up. What do you see? Does your son or daughter have these twelve essential qualities:
1. Is he happy, optimistic, and secure? Does he have authentic self-esteem?
2. Is she in a healthy, loving relationship? Does she have good friends and loyal allies?
3. Does he have a strong moral compass? Does he have good values and strong character?
4. Does she have empathy and compassion for all people? Is she kind, unselfish, and humane?
5. Does he have self-control and patience? Can he delay gratification?
6. Is she able to make good decisions on her own?
7. Is he self-reliant?
8. Is she responsible and internally motivated? Does she have a good work ethic?
9. Is he practical and resourceful in handling day-to-day living?
10. Is she resilient? If life throws her a curve, can she bounce back?
11. Is he confident and positive about his identity and strengths?
12. Does she have fun? Does she laugh? Is her life balanced between work and love, self and others?
Yes, each of our kids is born with a certain temperament and genetic predisposition. Certainly there are some things about our kids' development that are not under our control— but many are. And that's why you can use the 12 Simple Secrets of Real Mothering to foster the qualities your child needs for a life that's happily ever after.
Was this article helpful?
Finally! You Can Put All Your Worries To Rest! You Can Now Instantly Learn Some Little-Known But Highly Effective Tips For Successful Single Parenting! Understand Your Role As A Single Motherfather, And Learn How To Give Your Child The Love Of Both Parents Single Handedly.