Where to go for help

If you're worried about your grandchild or are feeling overwhelmed yourself, there are many sources of support available:

Talk to a trusted friend who is not directly involved in the situation

Talk to your grandchild's teacher or day care provider

Talk to your grandchild's pediatrician or family doctor

Talk to your pastor, rabbi, priest, or spiritual counselor

Join a support group for grandparents raising grandchildren

Contact your kinship care worker

Contact your county Extension office

Contact a licensed psychologist, psychiatrist, or social worker in your area

Contact a child welfare agent

Call a parental stress hotline

Contact your local early intervention program

Look for respite care

0 0

Post a comment