Where to go for help

If you're worried about your grandchild or are feeling overwhelmed yourself, there are many sources of support available:

• Talk to a trusted friend who is not directly involved in the situation

• Talk to your grandchild's teacher or day care provider

• Talk to your grandchild's pediatrician or family doctor

• Talk to your pastor, rabbi, priest, or spiritual counselor

• Join a support group for grandparents raising grandchildren

• Contact your kinship care worker

• Contact your county Extension office

• Contact a licensed psychologist, psychiatrist, or social worker in your area

• Contact a child welfare agent

• Call a parental stress hotline

• Contact your local early intervention program

• Look for respite care

• Contact your county aging office

• Contact your local Family Resource Center.

0 0

Post a comment