1. Access community and social services that provide social, economic, and medical resources.
2. Prioritize education as a means of overcoming economic challenges.
3. Prepare for the transition from unemployment and welfare to work.
4. Acquire skills and resources necessary to move toward economic independence and financial self-reliance.
5. Abstain from substance abuse and other self-defeating behaviors.
6. Implement discipline strategies that teach responsibility and encourage independent functioning in the child.
Was this article helpful?