1. Commit to a lifestyle that contributes to a healthy pregnancy and normal fetal development.
2. Obtain early and regular prenatal counseling, education, and health care from a prenatal health care provider.
3. Strengthen the spousal relationship and develop a unified and loving approach to resolving prenatal and family issues.
4. Create a network of supportive friends and family.
5. Collaborate to prepare for the physical and emotional demands of the delivery and parenting of an infant.
6. Plan to meet the financial needs of the child and family.
Was this article helpful?