1. Gain confidence, expertise, and effectiveness in ability to manage discipline issues resulting from the early lack of attachment and bonding.
2. Combine affection, nurturing, and highly structured discipline to set limits and help the unattached child to function appropriately within the family unit.
3. Understand the underlying causes and options for coping with and treating attachment disorder.
4. Work together to eliminate divisive influences and form a cohesive family unit.
5. Siblings develop strategies to relate appropriately while protecting selves from threats, intimidation, and abusive behavior.
Was this article helpful?