1. Develop a close personal and loving relationship with the grandchildren and their parents.
2. Support the adult children's efforts to parent responsibly.
3. Offer reasonable financial support, guidance, and personal assistance when needed by the adult children or grandchildren.
4. Resist impulse to overindulge adult children or grandchildren with gifts.
5. Promote independence and responsible behavior in the grandchildren and their parents.
6. Maintain appropriate personal boundaries and parameters for involvement with the grandchildren and their parents.
Was this article helpful?