1. Verbalize the importance of integrity, trustworthiness, and moral courage in everyday life.
2. Demonstrate consistent respect through polite and tolerant actions and deeds and expect that respect will be reciprocated.
3. Teach responsibility by expecting each family member to complete chores, follow rules, and exercise self-control.
4. Promote the feelings of self-worth by expressing appreciation for each family member's unique qualities and administering fair and impartial affection and treatment.
5. Model the character values of consideration, compassion, empathy, and unconditional love.
6. Teach good citizenship by demonstrating family, community, and national pride and showing respect for societal rules and customs.
Was this article helpful?