1. Develop a current working knowledge of the child's close friends, peer group, and social experiences.
2. Model positive, appropriate social interactions at home and in the community.
3. Create numerous opportunities for positive parent/child interaction at home and in the community.
4. Become familiar with the values, expectations, and influences of the child's peer group.
5. Offer guidance, support, and encouragement for the child to become actively engaged in positive social activities.
6. The child demonstrates appropriate social skills, empathy, assertive-ness, self-confidence, and responsible peer group relationships.
Was this article helpful?