Consider taking part in a Unitarian Universalist Church where all belief traditions are honored and respected, and your family can start its own traditions. This denomination is creedless and allows for people to come together in community for social action and for thoughts on how to live an ethical life. The church is based on seven Purposes and Principles, which are the following:
• The inherent worth and dignity of every person.
• Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.
• Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations.
• A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
• The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large.
• The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice.
• Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Was this article helpful?