When In Doubt Check It Out

Call your local Poison Control Center 800/222-1222

Call your local Cooperative Extension office

Call your local or state health department

Contact the Consumer Products Safety Commission: 800/638-2772—www.cpsc.gov

Contact Healthy Indoor Air for America's Homes: 406/994-3451 or visit the website at www.montana.edu/wwwcxair/

The Home*A*Syst handbook gives more details about this and other healthy home topics 608/262-0024—www.uwex.edu/homeasyst

EPA's Consumer Labeling Initiative —www.epa.gov/opptintr/labeling/index.htm

This chapter was adapted from "Managing Hazardous Household Products," by Elaine Andrews, University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension. In Home*A*Syst, An Environmental Risk-Assessment Guide for the Home, ©1997 Regents of the University of Wisconsin System. All rights reserved.

Was this article helpful?

0 0

Post a comment