Slips, Trips, and Falls
• Do you keep your floors—especially hallways and stairs—free of things that might make people slip or trip?
• Are your stairs in good shape?
• Are there throw rugs in your home?
• Do you know the safe way to carry big loads?
• Is your home well lighted?
Is Your Home Poison-Proof?
To poison-proof your home, look through each room through the eyes of a child. Is anything that can hurt your child within her or his reach?
Any room can have something in it that can hurt a child: the kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, living room, basement, garage, or laundry room. Most poisonous products are where people keep cleaning supplies. (See the chapters on Hazardous Household Products page 38 and Pesticides page 42 for more information.)
Was this article helpful?